Park Ji-hyun and she wrapped the German flag around her body. Keimyung University recruited exchange students for three weeks in August. The applicants who are accepted will be exchange students next semester. I interviewed a student who had been an exchange student in Germany to help KMU students. It’s good to hear from an exchange student before becoming one. 1) Please Introduce yourself. Hi. I am Ji Hyun Park. My major is International Business in KAC. I studied at Hochshule Dusseldorf in Germany as an exchange student from September 2017 to August 2018. 2) What was your motivation to ap
● Jeong Jae-min and students from Japan during program. About 20,000 students study at Keimyung University. KMU offers many programs that help students gain practical knowledge and experience related to their majors. Here is one student who developed a lot through a Keimyung program. Q1. Please introduce yourself. Hello, I am Jeong Jae Min. My major is Japanese Language and literature, which I’ve studied since 2014 at Keimyung University. Q2. Would you introduce the program that you participated in? I participated in a program that Keimyung University’s Center for International Affairs held. I
● Hamy Vuong, tourism managementNowadays, Korea and Vietnam are having a lot of exchanges. President Moon Jae-in’s first trip in 2018 was to Vietnam. Therefore, we need to know more about Vietnamese culture. There are many similar and different things between Korean and Vietnamese culture. Fortunately, many Vietnamese students are here at Keimyung, so I had an interview with one of them about Vietnam and Vietnamese culture.1. Please introduce yourself.Hi. I am Ha My Vuong. My major is tourism management. Last semester, I came to Korea from Vietnam. I studied Korean language at VNU.2. What was…
● Park So-jung, a volunteer of PyeongChang2018As everyone knows, the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games recently finished. Everyone enjoyed the games thanks to athletes’ performances and moving stories. However, there was another Korean national squad: not of athletes, but of volunteers.1. Please introduce yourself.Hi. I am Park So-jung, a volunteer at the Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and a university student from Bucheon, Gyeonggi-do.2. Why did you decide to be a volunteer at the Winter Games? I wanted to meet a lot of people from around the world and
● Lee Byung-ro, Prof. Department of Japanese StudiesAs the unemployment rate of Korean youths increases, more students are interested in jobs in Japan. For students wishing to work in Japan, I had an interview with a KMU professor from the Department of Japanese Studies.1.Please introduce yourself.I am Lee Byung-ro the dean of the College of Humanities and International Studies and the head of CORE business. It is a pleasure to meet you through the Gazette.2.Why does Japan have a high employment rate?This is because of the success of Abenomics. Abenomics is an economic policy that Abe Shinzo i
● Stephen McGuckin Muir, Prof. Department of English Language and LiteratureThere are some countries or regions that want independence from their current country, like Scotland, Catalonia and Okinawa. Recently, Catalonia announced its desire for independence. To understand this situation better, I had an interview with a KMU professor from Scotland.Q1. Please introduce yourself.I’m Stephen McGuckin from Scotland, the U.K. I’ve been teaching in the Department of English Language and Literature for 11 years.Q2. Scots also had a big movement for becoming independent recently. What do you think ab
● Margaux Laura Micheline Monique, PSB Paris School of BusinessThis semester, about 180 foreign students have come as part of an exchange student program to Keimyung University, and about 90 of them are from France. I heard from them that the French press reports there is a risk of war in Korea now, so I had an interview with one of the French students about it.Q1. Please introduce yourself.Hi. My name is Margaux. I’m 22 years old and I came from France as an exchange student. Q2. What was the reason for coming as an exchange student and why did you choose Korea?In our school, we have to go to
● Jang Cha-Eun, Major in Japanese Language and LiteratureKeimyung University has many study abroad programs. If you are interested in or have been considering study abroad programs, this article may help you. Here is an interview with a student who recently returned from studying abroad in Japan.Q1. Please introduce yourself.Hi, my name is Jang Cha-Eun. I’m a junior majoring in Japanese Language and literature. I went to Japan through a study abroad program during spring semester. It is different from the student exchange program. The former is for a semester, but the latter can be for a year.